As attention spans continue to shrink with the growth of ever-increasing online distractions, more businesses are turning to videos to stand out. Videos are unique, powerful tools that boost sales, search engine rankings, brand awareness and much more.
So when the need to make your video pops up to explain your product or service, you may wonder what a typical explainer video turnaround time is – especially if you’ve never made one before. In this post we’ll dig into how long a great explainer video takes to make and what you can do to shorten the turnaround time.
Depending on what type of look-and-feel you’re going for with your video, the style of animation can impact your turnaround time. 2D animation (cartoons, motion graphics, etc), for example, can be produced faster (2-3 weeks for one-minute of animation) than 3D animation.
If your project calls for 3D animation, a good rule of thumb is to allow for at least 6-8 weeks for a one-minute video, starting from the time the video’s script is completed. 3D animation uses a completely different skillset and workflow to produce, and is a bit more complex than producing 2D animation.
Number of revision rounds needed
Sometimes videos can take longer to produce if client’s change their minds about how specific scenes look, which is fine with us since we offer unlimited rounds of revisions but it can end up extending your video turnaround time. Communication and having a clear vision of what you’re looking for is key to prevent projects from pushing longer than expected. Our production process focuses on getting feedback as early as possible to eliminate surprises and ensure that art direction is inline with your brand.
How quickly clients respond to our updates
We know that making a video probably isn’t the only thing on your plate, and we totally understand if it takes a few days (or however long) for you to review and respond to our updates. Regardless of where your video project sits on your list of priorities, the time it takes for you to review and respond to us can affect turnaround times.
Tips for getting your explainer video finished ASAP
- Have a good idea of where your video will be played (i.e your website, YouTube, channel, etc). It’s ok if you’re not 100% certain, but telling us ahead of time that your videos will be played on Instagram, for example, will help us build out the proper assets so they look great on Instagram’s vertically-oriented playback format. Sharp Eye Animation offers multiple versions your video, for free so wherever you plan to play your video we have you covered
- When it comes to communicating edits, email (usually) beats phone calls. Emails provide a track record of what needs to be changed, plus they help you think edits through before sending them over.
- If you’re more of a phone-conversation person, that’s fine too! Just look to have your suggestions ready ahead of time so phone calls are a focused use of time.
- Send examples of videos that are along the lines of what you’re looking for in your video helps everyone get on the same page.
- Share information, like brochures, one-pagers or anything else that we may not be able to find online ourselves about your product or service, so we can learn everything we possibly can.
Since 2012, Sharp Eye Animation has been making it easy for startups to Fortune 100’s to get explainers, product videos, brand videos and more. We’ve refined our process to ensure that all of our clients to get videos they LOVE in the shortest time possible, and we focus on taking as much work off of your plate.
After all, we want to see your video uploaded and bringing in results you’re looking for as soon as possible. Learn more about why Sharp Eye Animation is trusted by startups to Fortune 100’s by contacting us today.
Start With Your Video Today
Let Sharp Eye Animation create affordable, high-quality video content for your brand!